Sunday, January 25, 2009

Comatose




Rainbows and unicorns, oh how I would LOVE to feast my eyes upon them. On a field of wildflowers the pure creatures gallop undearneath a perfect multicolored arc, whilst leprechauns laugh cheerily, throwing faux gold coins just for the heck of putting on a serious show of glimmering gold in the bright smiling sunshine; children whistle and sing and play, laughing joyfu-

Oh wait. I'm getting ahead of myself. And the paragraph has no structure, which pisses me off.

SO. Yesterday saw me going to the movies to watch Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. I would say the movie was amazing, with really immersing fight scenes and all that tragic forbidden love going on, but here's the thing: I was unfortunate enough to be seated in front of a couple of moronic buffoons who do not quite grasp the whole 'silence while in the movies' etiquette code quite well. And while they weren't being rambunctious enough to attract the attention of the ushers and whoever, they certainly were loud enough to irritate people several rows in front and behind them.

The thing is, I wouldn't have half minded if the comments weren't so half-assed. By that I mean plain, OBVIOUS stuff being exclaimed out loud by both parties- like stating that there were 'SO MANY WOLVES!' when they were littered across the screen. We GET that there are a TON of those wolves, you blithering idiots!

And to make matters worse, they not only say these obvious stuff extremely loudly; they even REPEAT those statements at LEAST 4 times! I mean, of all the WTFery that you could accomplish in the cinema! Not to mention laughter in all the necessary places and excited 'ooh's and 'aah's in all the wrong places... In the middle of the movie I had squished my empty popcorn box into the size of my fist, achingly trying NOT to chuck it on the head of at one of the perpetrators while dumping the whole content of my Sprite drink on the other. Ladies and gentlemen, I have never been SO pissed in the cinemas in my entire life of watching movies in this country (There were a lot of worse movie-goers in UAE, but those are Arabs and are known for their terrible manners in the movies and almost every other public place there is).

So it pretty much ruined the whole day yesterday; I went home (I meant to my bestie's) and tried reading Physics but ended up sleeping for a long, LONG time, to wake up in the middle of the night, when everyone's beginning to retire to their beds. Miffed at the ruined state of my otherwise-supposed-to-be-enjoyable-day, I then wrote the whole unicorn scenario, because I can. Because not for the first time, I wish I was living in a world filled with magic, enchantments, beautiful fairy castles, mythical creatures and, of course, miracles and happily-ever-afters for the kindhearted.

Having my fill of a traditional lunch, I now await the arrival of delicious homemade lasagne. Yazzay!

0 comments: