Friday, January 23, 2009

F*** the System...!

Hm.

I wonder where the word 'internationalization' and the integration of that came sometimes, in this place that boasted so proudly of it. I am glad that it's religious enough to amaze most people outside and quite a few inside, even after all the time they've been here, but I've had the opportunity to experience an international environment and believe me, this place lacks 'international' as much as a dried fish lacks water.

Honestly. Does age demand respect? Up to a certain level maybe we should all ascertain that we cannot talk the way we do to those the same age as we do to a person as old as our parents, and that I would understand, but that does not mean we should revere a sane older human's every opinion and have to consider them the right choice all the time, does it?

That's a rhetorical question, to which most would of course, agree to its rhetoric quality, but many would fail to apply to younger people. And those latter masses are not in the least bit 'internationalized' because being global would mean you'd accept an opinion of an adult person if it seems right, even if the adult person happened to be more than a decade younger than you.

Three layers of ice are breaking, and not in a good way.

2 comments:

Praxi said...

I can't agree more. Gombak however is a different story. . .

Lavender Skyes said...

It's unfortunate that we're not headed there; and I'm guessing you didn't hear the story of what happened to my roommate the day before we went to hers. It had me totally pissed at the system as I've never been before...