Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

It's an 'anime movie'... I don't even know the proper term for japanese cartoons that aren't serialized (does the word 'serialize' even exist?); I'm assuming they're still anime. But anywho, I stumbled across it on one of my leisurely walks through a few hundred gigs' worth of movies, under the English (not necessarily from the Brits, mind you) Movies folder- and was quite shocked to find out that not only was it NOT, in any way, English; it didn't even contain real actors/actresses. So I went ahead and watched it, since I was feeling mighty pleased to have finished my assigned work in one go and felt like I deserved a form of entertainment right then (which I totally did not, seeing the progress I made for my exam revision remaining, but at least the assignments are over with, right? RIGHT?) ...

The Japanese sure have a way of making tomboy girls endearing, lemme tell you that. Made me wish I could be somewhat guyish to appeal to the more macho, less idiotic men in this world (hey hey hey, at least I don't just condemn all guys on earth)... And yeah, like any other sap for most Japanese material, I found the movie far beyond tolerable. At least it reignited my passion for non-reading material since two weeks ago; my head cannot tolerate anymore Naruto fanfiction... for the next few hours anyways.

On second thought... *eyes the fanfic tab*

But yeah. On one of my reruns through one of my most coveted anime series, I found myself cursing my failed logic to understand that Ouran is not, indeed, over where the anime left it. DUH! There's ALWAYS extra material in the manga! Bakabakabaka-!!
So yeah. Trying to read 60+ manga episodes online in one shot always gives me a migraine and a case of pseudoaccomplishmentitis, so I'm *TRYING* to restrict myself to only a few volumes of the thing, and ONLY after I've done something worthwhile.

Oh 5417.

LAUNDRY!

I fell in love with the Hitachiin brothers again, Kaoru in particular, but I've also come to the conclusion that Haruhi would be better off with Mori-senpai. Because... it wouldn't happen? Heh, mostly because when there are scenes where Haruhi was shown a bit closer to Mori than most, they always seem to fit together. Like the strawberry cake scene and the scene where he carries her in the 'jungle' (damn the uber-rich Ootori geniuses) and when he danced with her at the end (as of yet) of the anime series... Yeah, they seem alright together. And yet it's almost written for her to be with Tama-chan, because... well, if Tama-chan does not end up with Haru-chan, who else would? They're pre-destined to be together! Yes, I pity the others who would like her but seriously, Tamaki needs Haruhi more than the others. It's a shame for the brothers since they love her so much as well, but they can't either have her, and Haruhi isn't the type to be shared like that. Maybe if Haruhi came with a twin...

Okay no, it's cause I want Kaoru for myself >=D

Er, yeah.
Why the hell have I not done my laundry?
Right. The abrupt water shortage earlier this evening.

0 comments: