Monday, March 2, 2009

Good to Go

Plastic bags filled with an assortment of oddbits litter the room, while in a corner sat a green box filled to the brim with trash, one-third of which is composed of used tissues. On a still-covered bed, a girl's nose runs freely as she tries to stem the flow with more tissues. The plastic bag full of junk food ruffles slightly in front of her and she glances, again, at a bar of chocolate, feeling guilty but gluttonous at the same time. She hesitates momentarily before reaching out and grabbing the white-and-red wrapped ephemeral delight, only to set it down next to her as she occupies herself with her laptop.

Writing about this.

I am 87% packed and ready to go. Looking at the pile of two weeks' worth of unwashed clothes, I began to wonder if the laundry place near my aunt's house would be able to have them ready by tomorrow.

I can't say I'm missing this place already, because truth be told, I don't. I probably miss my friends and the memories we had here, but not the room in itself - although I think I do appreciate the view from the window I've had for the past four months or so of my stay here. I really would miss the relatively clean toilets here as well. I think I would miss the fact that I have a double mattress for staying in a room with only one other room mate for a room made for four people. I would miss the space and privacy.

You know what? I guess I will miss this place after all.

But I would never long for it as much as I long to go home.

I'm writing this solely for the sake of blogging for what would be the last time in this room 'cause I'm just a sap like that. Oh and by the way, I finished watching the whole VK series that I have just obtained from a friend!

I nodded off quite a bit two episodes to the end because I was hella tired but I made it. I stowed away my precious external HDD to easy my last-minute packing process later, but I still have internet, which is always good =)

Can't wait to get back home and spend time with the family!

0 comments: