Friday, March 6, 2009

Here We Are

I woke up to find myself on a big, fluffy bed, drooling on one of six pillows strewn around my head.

A perk of one ear indicated the very much welcome sound of a woman waking me up. Hold on... that's my MOM.

... And those giggling voices are my SISTERS. Preparing for school, on a Saturday...?

No wait a sec. Of course. I'm HOME!

A promise of a nice refreshing walk around the compound turned stale as I helped my excited, beloved mother chop beef (always a great early-morning exercise) for a curried lunch. I explored more of the ever-blossoming gardens around the house, courtesy of Mother Greenfingers, before sweeping the newly-made treehouse and swinging on a blue swinging bench, one of my favorite highlights of the grounds. I'd forgotten to check if the flowers on the path crossing the front yard, dubbed the PGL Path, actually bloomed in the mornings- all was lost to a box of banana milk and some seriously retarded karaokeing.

This early? Of course ^^

There's no place like home, even if going on the internet means squishing myself between a stinky just-woken-up brother (hehehe) and a standing fan, with no apparent use right now- I mean, the weather's freezing to me. It's like 15 degrees! A few years ago that would've been pleasant...

And adorable not-so-little-anymore brother is viewing a selection of anime screenshots. Just like the usual.

A long-arse, tiring transit and some seriously slow, loud immigration officers vanished from my thoughts as I arrived, half confused, looking around to be startled by three weird figures - one tall and two midget-like- running towards me full speed. On midgetkin carried a bouquet of two roses (can that even be considered a bouquet?) and the other a blue bag. I almost shouted with relief.

My beloved Dad, the best Dad in the world, with my adorable sister and brother, a pair out of two. My heart exploded with affection. All exhaustion and former irritation disappeared as a huge grin made its way to my face. That, in itself, was worth all the trouble and exhaustion for the past 18 hours, the reason I coped with every unpleasant person I've encountered.

And now goat-like bro goofs with one of my favorite Breaking Benjamin tune.

There is, indeed, no place like home.

0 comments: