Thursday, March 12, 2009

Motto!

As in, Japanese for 'more'.

My newest anime obsession, though it's almost 5 years old already:

GAKUEN ALICE!

It's about a special school/government research facility in Japan for special children/teenagers with special abilities, revolving around a 10 year old (I think) girl, Sakura Mikan, who is a bit on the airheaded side but determined and loyal nonetheless. It starts when her best friend, Imai Hotaru, a seemingly cold, money-centric yet unbelievably kind and thoughtful genius left their school in the village to pursue her studies in a special school in Tokyo. Unable to let her go, Mikan decides to look for Hotaru in the city, with the help of a postcard, on which the view outside Hotaru's window is depicted. When she reaches the school, she was obviously unable to enter- but an unexpected turn of events involving a strange, cat-masked boy with fire powers and an apparently 'perverted' male teacher abruptly allowed her to see Hotaru- by entering the school! Mikan has no idea how her world would change in a school that made the extraordinary seem ordinary...

As expected of me, I finished the whole anime series (26 episodes in total) in less than two days. Even though the story revolves around a child, I loved it regardless- probably because it resembles Harry Potter and X-Men with a light-hearted, anime spin. Trying to read the manga but, as usual, it is proving to be a pain in the butt- waiting for pages to load and not being able to turn the pages... Eurgh. I would feel better if I downloaded it; unfortunately I can't find the zip file anywhere.

And so, the holidays are flashing past me in a flurry of eating festivities and chaotic Midgie events. To my surprise (and dismay) I find it hard to stay up at night, the way I usually 'roll' during the past holidays- come 8 p.m my eyelids are already starting to lower their anchors, ready to dock on the Sea of Purple Pillows- thus limiting my gaming, online-chatting, anime-watching time. PRECIOUS time before the academic year kicks in again.

My body is taking revenge on the past sleepless nights!

WHYY???!

Oh well. Lol, it has to be a good sign, finally getting the right amount of sleep at the RIGHT TIME. The whole point of holidays!

My brother should be returning today; if he is, I will look forward to driving the golf cart around the compound, hopefully without any serious injuries, mechanical or otherwise! Nyahahaha!

Currently singing: Garden of Everything by Maaya Sakamoto feat. Steve Conte

0 comments: