Thursday, February 19, 2009

Magnetic Repellent

It's a world of science. In this ephemeral world, we are governed by many strict laws that, God willing, never change, in their course along with the flow of Time. Millions of years have nothing on these rules; many biologists claim that evolution exists (and I do believe some lifeforms evolved, only with the will of God, but not in the sense that we evolve from monkeys), which means the biological forms and rules for many lifeforms do not necessarily adhere to them forever. As much as I like studying this branch of science, it's constantly evolving, as are the creations of God- the universe as a whole.

Expansions and their coefficients drive me nuts. I'm pretty sure the expansion of the universe has some sort of a coefficient as well, a concept which I can't seem to wrap my head around, naturally, not being a superhuman with the elasticity of a rubber band, or a brain with the capacity to accommodate ideas like that- Which is probably why I have a problem with Physics as much as I do now.

I love science, I really do, and that means all three branches of it- theoretically, anyway. Back in elementary years I loved everything scientific in all my classes: the discussions, the experiments, the textbooks... everything. Then high school rolled by and my thirst of Science, which, by then, branches into the three different fields that we are all very familiar of- Chemistry, Physics, and my personal favourite, Biology- cannot be satiated by the textbooks, or amount of lecturing done, albeit the fact that I was more than a little exhausted trying to grasp Chemistry at first (all those fascinating atomic equations!). That, accompanied by the different accents of teachers each year proved not to be an educational process that happened easily, as I'm no genius, unlike many of my friends over here. And the distractions that weaved in between the years of high school student life! There were friends to talk incessantly with, gossips to be listened to, places to be something in, and of course, the inevitable crushes to be stal- *coughs* ogled at. Don't even begin to mention internet and the Glorious Grand World of MMORPGs... Yet none of these were matters of that great of an importance- at least to me, which probably gave me the undeserving 'School Genius' title- as my studies, specifically the sciences. Doing well and having more fun in English classes never quite made me as pleased with myself as struggling with new scientific formulae and terms.

Years went by, crushes and friends dissipated and disappeared to foreign countries- some lost forever, others becoming awkward strangers as the swells of Time engulfed familiar memories in the harsh, freezing-cold waters of Forgottance. Yet knowledge stays the same. The chemical formulae remained where they belong- in the books and the dusty passages of the brain, locked up by the months-long stretch of holidays, to be uncovered only by the keys held by random visits of those that sent them there in the first place- books. What are the odds of that happening during the celebratory holidays when one's high school reign ends? Not much, and as time passed by, the doors and locks became stronger and stronger, and the cries and pleadings of these precious, ebbing members of Knowledge began to ebb away. Some say they were never eliminated, waiting for the right moment to escape the prisons of Ignorance and roam free yet again in the halls of the mind. Others say they were overwhelmed by newer, unnecessary knowledge of current happenings and fickle daily matters, which, in such large numbers, eliminated them once and for all from their prisons. I'd like to believe the former as I started college life, and, holding on to that, made a personal promise to my Once Cherished and Beloved memoirs.

Here I am. I've released some, and in the process held many, MANY more captive. Unfortunately, my capturing of these always alluring, never alluding prisoners would seemingly have no end and continue to increase in the next decade or so, and most of their escapes, aided and abetted by me, proved to be futile.

My strongest prison walls seem to hold the Physics members captive. Possibly due to the lack of good teaching strategies and an abundance of weird lilting accents, and most definitely the complexity of Mathematics that accompanied them, these captives remain in what seems to be the Guantanamo Bay of my brain. And yes, I am aware of the fact that the current president of the United States of America banished that facility recently, but that does not keep me or the rest of the world from referring to it as one of the worst detention facilities that have existed in the modern world.

I'm trying to release them, once and for all. I'm pretty sure no one has ever done such a feat, but it seems wrong for such beneficial, innocent matters to be held captive in such a way by weak, fickle prisonguards for the mere reason of being outnumbered! One may say that this is the natural course of things, but I also believe that it's the natural course of things to learn and retain every moment of life, which is why we only use around 3% of our brain's potential. The rest MUST have been made for retaining stuff. And, like all mysteries of the universe, there has to be an ultimate solution of unlocking that, which we have yet to find out.

Currently, I will be more than satisfied just to release some of these newfound facts for the duration of four days, in time for them to do some good in my finals.

Lord Almighty, help me in my noble quest...

0 comments: