Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Where's the Nearest Trattoria?

FETTUCINE!


So the past few days since I retrieved my most useful, multi-socketed-multi-plug extension cord from my other aunt's house saw me going through a lot of DORAMA. It's turned me back into the Nightstalker that I was. Not that waking up early is an option here, even when I decide to turn in early. It's like a curse; I don't feel comfortable venturing out of my room, especially to get food. Even though they don't really mind that I'm contributing a lot to minimize wastage of food on their behalf. Sadly, being naturally inclined to have a variety of food in vast quantities, I found their stocks too dismal for my liking, despite the awesome hospitality (and ACed room, a Godsend in this hot and sweaty climate).

But back to the dorama.

I started watching Kurosagi. Got distracted at second or third episode. Watched Bambino yesterday night and finished the whole series early today, the proceedings of which accounted for my bedtime of 6 00 in the morning. I then got up to fulfil my duties, went back to bed and was woken up by my Grandmother on the phone about fifteen minutes shy of ten o'clock. Apparently my adorable baby cousin needed some remedies from the village people to cure his 'ailment', and she was adamant that it was a total emergency and that she needed to return with him and Grandfather before noon to get him there in time.

Oh really? I never knew babies with fever and a sore throat required special healing practices at the countryside to cure them... What ever happened to good ol' 'Plenty of rest, liquids and take your medications precisely as indicated?'

I snored her away; unfortunately not before she got a few words in on that.


DOLCE!


An hour or so later I got a call from a good friend who was terribly helpful in getting all sorts of written documents for me from my *past* university. I woke up a bit more whilst talking to her. As soon as she hung up to return to her class, my consciousness evaded me and I sunk back into Dreamland.

The shrill ringtone on my primitive cell jolted me awake from fluffy candy clouds to a call from an aunt from Mom's side, and in our conversation concluded that I was saved from renewing my L license from scratch, at least for the next 3 months. But I have an exam next week, which means I can't go back in the near future to get this whole 'driving thing' over with as soon as I
would like it to be.

Ah, phooey.

PESCATORA!

I need to watch more dorama. With an exam coming up, possibly another driving exam following shortly afterwards and then the entry to a new episode of Uni life, right now all I can think about is escaping reality and enjoying other people's elaborate (acted) lives on screen.

What a masochist.

However, watching Bambino had its advantages. I picked up on a few more Japanese words and Italian ones. YUMMY Italian ones.

Ano...

Eto...

... Seen them anywhere?

0 comments: